Thursday, August 20, 2009

Dobbo - Rest in Peace


Dobbo - Rest in Peace, originally uploaded by sengsta.

I received a call from a contact at Trigg Surf Club tonight and learned that Ken "Dobbo" Dobson had passed away yesterday after almost a year battling cancer.

Dobbo was a Blue Hole Club stalwart whom I had photographed at their swims on Sunday mornings in winter since 2006.

Dobbo always struck me as a bloke who was fighting fit - he was a strong swimmer and kept himself in good nick (as can be seen by his physique in this photo, which was taken in August last year).

I finished photographing the Blue Hole clubbies in August last year. Dobbo was diagnosed with cancer in September. From what I hear, he fought back and battled it into remission. But it returned and got the better of Dobbo in the second round.

Be at peace, Dobbo.

No comments: